Wednesday 17 May 2023

Starting a Business with Clear Intent

 While offering healing and counselling services over the last fifteen years I have often provided support for clients (especially holistic therapists) as they have developed their businesses. The first thing I emphasise is that it is essential to get the vibration of the endeavour right from the very start. This is because the energy and intent that underpins a business as it is established, sets up its future internal shape and external vibration. These in turn impact those who birthed it and those it draws into its orbit; its staff and clients.

When I saw the movie The Social Network about Mark Zuckerberg and the early years of FaceBook, it came as little surprise to me that he first used the program to humiliate a girl who had rejected his advances.

Whatever feelings, belief system or drives you are feeling when you first activate your business will be reflected later on, so it’s best to work through all aspects consciously and honestly.

One suggestion I make is to apply the Achieve, Perceive and Weave set of questions. Start with being very clear about what you want to achieve with your business – financial security, large audience or small focus group, sustainability, flexibility, lots of employees or sole provider, community or stand alone.

Then think about how you want yourself and your business to be perceived – what words would you prefer people to use when referring to you: successful, ethical, friendly, excellent product, excellent service, low key or impressive, value for money or high end spend, intimate or international? There are no wrong answers – but you will be taking responsibility so think carefully.

Finally ask how do I want my business to weave into my life, my family commitments, my community, my responsibilities to the planet and my purpose in this lifetime?

Getting the fundamental vision, purpose and practices clear in your head means they are clear to the outside world and potential clients and also very importantly to your Spirit guides who can bring in the assistance and guidance most appropriate to your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment